Pepper spray is one of the most popular self defense products on the market. Not fatal, inexpensive, easy to use, small and not noticeable. However, there are different types of pepper spray, so it is imperative to understand the various options before you buy for some self defense purposes.
CS and CN have both disadvantages and is not recommended. CS and CN have an irritant effect on the membrane tissues, causing stinging sensation and running eyes. Both are approx. Takes between 5 and 30 seconds. This alone makes them personal use. Imagine possible attackers and wait 30 seconds for the effects. Numerous studies have found that people under pain of the pain are incomplete and that CS or CN does not affect them. Both CS and CN are man-made chemicals that can lead to carcinogenic substances and long-term health problems.
OC (Oleoresin Capsicum), commonly known as pepper spray, is the most common and effective protective spray. OC is an inflammatory drug, compared to CS and CN, which are irritant. OC is not an artificial chemical, it is made from a variety of hot pepper plants, resulting in natural, non-toxic and does not cause permanent damage. The OC immediately starts work and is typically around. It takes thirty-forty minutes for its effects to disappear.
OC expands the eye capillaries, causing temporary blindness. Then it enters the throat and bleeds the respiratory tract, causing severe coughing. It is therefore effective for people who do not feel pain. The attacker still can breathe, so the OC is not life-threatening but extremely weak and uncomfortable.
So the OC is obviously the best option when choosing the type of pepper spray to buy. There are, however, two other things to consider when purchasing OC spraying; formulation and delivery method.
Pea spray is in a concentration range of 1% to 18%. Most people believe that 18% are the best because of the highest OC concentration. However, it is the best way to determine the effectiveness of a pepper spray to find out the heat rating. The heat value of OC pepper spray is measured by Scoville heat units (SHUs). The standard pepper SHU 0, Habanero pepper is between 200,000 and 300,000. Many OC pepper syrups have a SHU of between 1,000 and 3,000,000. So buying a 18% OC pepper spray is fine, but the most important aspect is heat rating. A heat pump with higher heat will make the attacker worse and more comfortable than a lower heat pump.
The second thing to consider is the mode of transport. This is as important as the formulation to determine which paprika spray is right for you. Each mode of transport has its own unique advantages and disadvantages. The five modes of transport; the creek, cone, mist, foam and gel.
The stream works just like the high pressure garden hose nozzle. A large amount of pepper sprays is forced into a small amount of aperture in a short time.
- The maximum range of the stream is up to 20 feet, so you can keep you and the attacker safe.
- It is made of heavy droplets, so it probably does not touch the strong wind and does not blow back.
- The stream can shoot directly into the attacker's face, which is particularly effective.
- Although the stream has the best possible range, the user must be cautious about their purpose, which can cause difficulties in the circumstances. If an attacker is close to you, it may be difficult to get an accurate picture of the face.
- The stream does not last as long as some other models. Spraying large amounts of spray means that the tank is quickly emptied.
- The stream does not create a foggy obstacle, so direct contact with the face is needed to be effective.
The tapered fog resembles a hair spray or a soap that lasts for 30 seconds in the air. Benefits
- The tapered fog spills the pepper spray with a wide, circular pattern so that the user does not have to be very accurate with his purpose, especially in the vicinity. If an attacker is farther from the fog, he inhales and penetrates the pores of his skin.
- Being small, fine droplets, it remains in the air for a long time and it is an obstacle for an attacker to go through to get to his victim. Even if an attacker protects his eyes and stops his breath while trying to go through the fog obstruction, he still penetrates the skin and prevents it.
- Typical tapered fog has a deviation of about four to ten feet so the attacker can be close enough to the intended goal.
- Cones are less effective in windy conditions. The wind can pull the fog out of the attacker, or even worse, can retreat to the user.
Fogging, as its name suggests, creates a fog-like spray pattern. It's like a bush but has a lot of finer drops so it takes a lot longer in the air.
- Elbows are under great pressure, so the province is nearly the same as the 15-meter stream.
- Fog lights are not affected by the big wind and do not blow back towards users.
- Fogging also creates a fog-like barrier that moves in the air for several minutes, which is more effective against multiple attackers.
- Fog is particularly effective in indoors. The fog is almost impenetrable by spraying the door or the corridor. This is ideal if you have to keep an attacker for a few minutes to give yourself time to escape through a window or through another door.
- Because Foggers are under high pressure and allow a large amount of spray, they can drain the container quite quickly.
Peaheel foam has a fuzzy shaving cream and covers the entire face of the attacker, making it difficult to see.
- Pea flour adheres to the arch, and any attempt to wipe can cause defective penetration on the skin.
- Includes an UV dye that identifies law enforcement as an attacker.
- The range is good for 8 to 10 feet.
- It does not create an obstacle like tidal fog or foggy.
- The user should aim to reach a direct hit on the face.
Pepper gel is a glue-like substance that resembles the peanut butter similarly and adheres to the attacker's skin.
- The peppermint gel clings to the arch as an adhesive. Like Pepper Foam, the attacker's face can easily be identified for law enforcement.
- The pepper gel is in an excellent 18 foot range.
- Any attempt to wipe off any further penetration on the skin.
- It does not create obstacles like tapered fog or foggy.
- The user should aim to reach a direct hit on the face.
Sometimes, in a violent and dangerous world, it is important for individuals to be responsible for their own protection. Pepper spray is a great alternative to firearms as a self defense product. However, it is important to understand the differences and their functioning before deciding which one is right for you.
Source by sbobet